You must be a woman 18 years or over to register as a member of The Women’s Gun Zone or use the Website. Membership in the Service is void where prohibited. By using the Website, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Website and/or are a Member. You may terminate your membership at any time or for any reason upon receipt by The Women’s Gun Zone of your written or email notice of termination. The Women’s Gun Zone may terminate your membership for any reason, effective upon sending notice to you at the email address you provide in your application for membership, or such other email address as you may later provide to The Women’s Gun Zone. This Agreement will remain in effect. Even after this Agreement is terminated, certain provisions will remain in effect, including sections 4, 5, 7 and 9-14 of this Agreement.
3. Illegal/Unauthorized Use by Members.
Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email and unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
4. Proprietary Rights in Content on Women Only Forums site.
The Women’s Gun Zone owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Website and the Service. The Website contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of The Women’s Gun Zone, and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
5. Content Posted on the Site.
- You understand and Agree that The Women’s Gun Zone may review and delete any content, messages, The Women’s Gun Zone PM messages, photos, videos or profiles (collectively, “Content”) that in the sole judgment of The Women’s Gun Zone violate this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Members.
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, “post”) on the Service, or transmit to other Members.
- By posting Content to any public area of The Women’s Gun Zone, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to The Women’s Gun Zone an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Website. The Women’s Gun Zone reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Service and terminating the membership of such violators. It includes Content that:
- is patently offensive to the online community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
- You must use the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. Although The Women’s Gun Zone cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the Website, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, The Women’s Gun Zone reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which The Women’s Gun Zone deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
- CopyrightYou may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
You may only sign up for 1 subscription to The Women’s Gun Zone. We also reserve the right to remove your account immediately for any reason we feel valid.
8. Member Disputes.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other The Women’s Gun Zone Members. The Women’s Gun Zone reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
The Women’s Gun Zone is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website or in connection with the Service, whether caused by users of the Website, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service. The Women’s Gun Zone is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website or Member of the Service. The Women’s Gun Zone assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or Member communications. The Women’s Gun Zone is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users and/or Members or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will The Women’s Gun Zone be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone’s use of the Website or the Service, any Content posted on the Website or transmitted to Members, or any interactions between users of the Website, whether online or offline. The Website and the Service are provided “AS-IS” and The Women’s Gun Zone expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. The Women’s Gun Zone cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Website and/or the Service.
11. Limitation on Liability.
Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, in no event will The Women’s Gun Zone be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits arising from your use of the Web site or the Service, even if The Women’s Gun Zone has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Not withstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, The Women’s Gun Zone liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to The Women’s Gun Zone for the Service during the term of membership.
12. U.S. Export Controls.
Software from this Website (the “Software”) is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Website or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other Country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
If there is any dispute about or involving the Website and/or the Service, by using the Website, you agree that the dispute will be governed by the laws of Arizona without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue Phoenix, AZ.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Women’s Gun Zone, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
This Agreement, accepted upon use of the Website and further affirmed by becoming a Member of the Service, contains the entire agreement between you and The Women’s Gun Zone regarding the use of the Website and/or the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this agreement.
About The Women’s Gun Zone
The Women’s Gun Zone is an online community and forum that allows our members to network and communicate with each other about their lives as women gun owners as well as, other related topics. To enrich our members’ experience, we request and display some personal information to other members and visitors, which allows our users to identify each other and expand their network of friends. The Women’s Gun Zone members can change their profile information at any time and can control how other members and the service communicates with them.
Information Collection and Use by The Women’s Gun Zone
The Women’s Gun Zone collects user submitted information such as name, email address, and age to authenticate users and to send notifications to those users relating to the The Women’s Gun Zone service. The Women’s Gun Zone also collects other profile data including but not limited to: personal interests, gender, age, education and occupation in order to assist users in finding and communicating with each other.
The Women’s Gun Zone also logs non-personally-identifiable information including IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type, from users and visitors to the site This data is used to manage the website, track usage and improve the website services. This non-personally-identifiable information may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to members. User IP addresses are recorded for security and monitoring purposes.
User Profile information including members’ pictures and first names are displayed to people in order to facilitate user interaction in the The Women’s Gun Zone community. Email addresses are used for the purposes of inviting new friends to join The Women’s Gun Zone, to add users to members’ groups, and to send notifications related to the service. With the exception of inviting friends, adding friends, and notifications, a user’s email address is not shared or displayed to people within a user’s personal network Users within a personal network communicate on The Women’s Gun Zone with each other through the The Women’s Gun Zone service, without disclosing their email addresses. Users’ full names are never directly revealed to other members. To facilitate searching and finding friends and acquaintances on the service, The Women’s Gun Zone allows users to search for other members using screen names.
We may also use a user’s email address to send updates, a newsletter or news regarding the service. Users may choose not to receive email of this type by changing their “notification” setting “Account Settings”
From time to time, The Women’s Gun Zone or a partner, may sponsor a promotion, sweepstake or contest on The Women’s Gun Zone. Users may be asked to provide personal information including name, email address or home address or to answer questions in order to participate. We may transfer personal information to certain ad partners that you have explicitly requested to receive information from. It will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
Invitations and Other Communications to Non-members
The Women’s Gun Zone members can invite friends to join the service by sending invitation emails via our automated invitation system. The Women’s Gun Zone stores the email addresses that members provide so that the respondents may be added to the friend’s list of the member sending the invitations, and also to send reminders of the invitations The Women’s Gun Zone does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations, invitation reminders (up to three (3) per email address). Recipients of invitations from The Women’s Gun Zone may contact The Women’s Gun Zone to request the removal of their information from our database.
Chat Rooms, Journals and WebLogs, Message Boards, Classifieds and Public Forums
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post public information to forums, groups or any other Public Forums that that information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by those people to send you unsolicited communications.
Correcting/Updating or Removing Information
The Women’s Gun Zone users may modify or remove any of their personal information at any time by logging into their account and accessing features such as Edit Profile and Account Info.
Members who no longer wish to receive updates or notifications may choose not to by sending an email notice via our “Contact Us” page indicating your desire to be removed and not sent me notification emails’ All notification emails and The Women’s Gun Zone newsletters also include the above instructions for opting-out of those communications in the future.
Third Party Advertising
The Women’s Gun Zone member accounts are secured by member-created passwords The Women’s Gun Zone takes precautions to insure that member account information is kept private. We use reasonable measures to protect member information that is stored within our database, and we restrict access to member information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as our customer service personnel and technical staff. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information The Women’s Gun Zone Collects
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, please contact us by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of each page.