The Well Armed Woman Survey Data is in and so is the list of top 10 guns women bought in 2021. This is one of the first things I look at and analyze. I can’t wait to see which guns women actually bought. What guns did they actually spend their hard-earned dollars on?
This data is based on women’s responses to the question of what specific handguns did they buy in 2021 and is not specific to use. We will be releasing this data on the guns women carry next week!
Women are avid researchers, so I know they didn’t make this important purchasing decision without really knowing what they wanted. Each woman of course, will have their personal priorities and features that they specifically want, but when you look at the big picture that the data offers, you can glean which of these drive their decisions. When you overlay that over past years’ data, it’s really powerful and informative and helps to understand, who the female gun buyer is. Before I get to all of the insights, let’s take a look at this year’s Top 10 Guns Women Bought list.
*3000 women surveyed
Fascinatingly, these are almost the same pistols that ranked in last years Top 10, but with some shifting in order. Clearly, these brands and models are providing guns with the features women are looking for. This year brings one new brand and model to the Top 10 list. The Kimber Micro 9.
Things That Stand Out In the Guns Women Buy
A couple of things stand out to me from this list:
- All of these brands and models are consistently in the top 10 (See previous years’ Top 10 Lists here)
- Women appreciate the higher capacity
- Guns with smooth, easier racking slides rank high
- Women are not just buying small guns.
- It isn’t all about caliber. Women are looking for the best gun that they can handle and shoot effectively. These priorities appear to rank higher than the caliber of the gun.
- Grip size matters. All but one of these have what I would consider a smaller, more manageable grip for a woman’s smaller hands.
Other Strong Performers
Let’s take a look at the other top-performing guns in the survey.
11 and 12 on the list were the Ruger LCPII and LCP, respectfully. Note: If you add these two models together – it would have placed in 6th place.
13. Smith & Wesson 642 .38 Revolver
14. Sig Sauer P938
15. Smith & Wesson Shield 2.0 Note: if you factor these numbers in with the Shield results above (not the EZ’s) it would place the Shield in the #3 position.
There were a couple of brands that didn’t have a gun model in the top 10 or 15 but I want to highlight. In the data collected, three manufacturers stood out to me. There were an awful lot of Taurus, Canik, and CZ guns purchased this last year. Standout models were the Taurus G2, G3, and TX22, Canik TP9, CZ Shadow, and P10. Also again this year, the HK VP9 had a big showing.
The TWAW Gun Finder
Let Us Help You Find Your Perfect Gun with The TWAW Gun Finder! The ONLY online gun finder that asks for details specific to YOU and suggests guns based on YOUR unique characteristics.