5 Tips for Shopping For Your Well Armed Woman
Okay, so you promised yourself that this year would be different, right? The day after Christmas last year, you vowed that you would start your shopping early and carefully select the best gifts for the amazing well armed woman in your life. Now, the year has flown by all too quickly, the Christmas countdown has begun, and the more you start to think about it, the more you start to worry: What if I get the wrong thing? What if the size is wrong? Will she like it? What does she REALLY want?
To help you find the perfect gifts this year, let’s start from the beginning and review the basics of gift buying for gun loving women:
- We've all heard the saying, “It's the thought that counts.” Well, when it comes to buying a gift for the woman you love, this couldn't be more true. The most important thing is that you took the time and energy to shop for and buy the gift. In other words – you score points by just remembering to do it! In fact, buying a gift on your own is 80% of what determines whether she will like it or not. Trust us, the fact that she didn’t have to buy it, wrap it and fill out the gift card for you is worth millions!
- Get her a gift that is for her and her gun only. Translation: if you get to shoot it, shoot at it, or somehow carry your gun in it – it’s not the right choice. The upside is that these can make great 2nd or 3rd gifts!
- Take your time! Trust me...the woman in your life WILL know how much time and effort you put into your gift buying. She’s probably been leaving clues and dropping hints for months, but we don’t have the time or space to teach you how to pick up on all of them. The general rule of thumb is that if you think about her AND about what you are buying at the same time, you should be okay.
- Listen and watch very carefully. Every woman, yes EVERY woman, gives clues; you just need to be listening for them and writing them down as soon as you hear or see one. She will comment on things she sees, comment on things she doesn’t have, or she may even leave you hard clues like links to websites or open catalogs with items circled. The key to success is very simple: she will tell you exactly what she wants, you just need to listen.
- If all else fails, follow these helpful hints:
- Bullet casing jewelry, specifically jewelry made with the casings from the caliber she shoots, is always a winner (and rhinestones are an added plus).
- Look in her closet for color clues. If you are considering buying her a range bag, gun case or concealed carry purse, but don’t know what color to get – look at the colors of her clothing, shoes and handbags. Odds are, a favorite color will emerge.
- Know her exact gun model when buying her a holster. Trust us, guessing and getting it wrong will give the impression that you didn't put much thought into the gift – the exact opposite of the impression you are trying to make.
- If you’re not sure – a gift certificate is always the right size and color!
With Christmas just around the corner, the best advice is not to panic. It only takes a little planning and forethought to get the perfect gifts for the gun loving woman in your life – and to make this holiday season one she will never forget!